Subscribe to Sydney PC User Group Newsletter click here
Unsubscribe from Sydney PC User Group Newsletter click here
View Newsletter Archives click here
Sydney PC User Group Incorporated
Visitors are always welcome
WEEKLY SIG MEETING UPDATE 31 October - 5 November 2011
School of Arts
280 Pitt Street, Sydney
Sydney PCUG's Blog
7 - 12 November 2011
A Mac or PC computer?
Why would someone go back to a PC computer after having abandoning it for a Mac?
Read the views of one person who did have a change of heart here.
Hello and Welcome,
A copy of a new Constitution for the Sydney PC Users Group was e-mailed to members last weekend.
Members will decide whether to accept the new constitution at a Special General Meeting held on the night of the Main Meeting on 22 November.
If you did not get a copy of the constitution and would like one please let us know at: email@example.com
Next week we have one SIG meeting and it being held on Saturday at Penrith.
Saturday 5 November - Penrith Group - F. Bowman - 2:00pm - 5:00pm
The Penrith SIG made an image of the C: drive in a laptop running Windows 7 at their last meeting. The computer's hard disk was then swapped with one containing the image. Fortunately, it all worked. The operation took a little over 90 minutes.
At next Saturday's meeting the group will hold their usual question and answer session around the table to share problems, advice and tips.
They will then:
- continue to use and explore some of the features in Microsoft Publisher;
- compare two image editors for image resizing, cloning and red eye removal;
- check out Easeus Partition Manager (freeware);
- study notes taken at the Main Meeting relating to Western Digital's personal cloud technology;
- check some of the freeware and shareware available from PC World;
- see how well an entry level Kindle can handle a graphics slide show and small videos;
- examine some freeware hard disk diagnostic programs; and
- check some keyboard shortcuts for Word in Microsoft Office.
It promises to be another very worthwhile meeting and you are invited to attend.
The SIG meets at the St Clair High School, Endeavour Avenue, St Clair.
Please remember if your e-mail address is changed for any reason at all, unless you tell me your new address you will not receive these weekly updates! Any change of address should be notified to firstname.lastname@example.org
Information for Members and Visitors:
Please note that all Meetings, except where specifically stated, are held on the
1st Floor, Sydney Mechanics' School of Arts, 280 Pitt Street, Sydney.
DISCLAIMER: This Newsletter is provided “As Is” without warranty of any kind.
Each user or reader of this Newsletter assumes complete risk as to the accuracy and subsequent use of its contents.